Cookie Monsters R US…or so it seems. Enter our Nutty Date Cookies. I needed a recipe to use up some frozen egg yolks that had been in the freezer for a while..when I stumbled upon this one and decided to change it up to suit our tastes.
I chopped the nuts & dates pretty small to try and disguise them and it worked. The family loves them. They are an ooey gooey crunchy deliciousness in your mouth.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Cream butter and sugars. Add egg yolks and vanilla combining well.
- In separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to creamed butter mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add walnuts, dates and raisins under all mixed.
- Place medium spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes.
- Grab a glass of milk and indulge!