These were the second batch of cookies we made on Sunday. I’ve had my eye on a cranberry/chocolate combo cookie for a while. After scouring the internet in search of the perfect cookie…I ended up utilizing a couple different recipes for the basics and adding/making changes to suit my needs. So here it is, our version of an Oatmeal Cranberry Double Chocolate Cookie. Not too sweet, but enough chocolate to keep you happy!
Tip: You can use both kinds of chocolate as we did or use straight semi-sweet chocolate chips or just chopped white chocolate chunks. Choice is yours!
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 2/3 cups mixed chocolate semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chunks, chopped.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C)
- Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in your eggs mixing well to combine and your vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together oats, flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Pour flour mixture into butter mixture one cup at a time, stirring well to combine.
- Finally add in your dried cranberries and all the chocolate. Mix it up and drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven for 8-10 minutes rotating pans half way through. Cool on wire racks. Pour yourself a glass of milk and dig in!