After a few requests for this recipe I am finally posting it! I always have to double the recipe because my family loves these cookies. The other fun thing to do with these cookies (for kids big and small), is find two of similar size, put a big scoop of ice cream on one, top it with the second cookie and voila you have an ice cream cookie sandwich!
Taking it one step further is to roll the ice cream portion of the cookie in sprinkles, chocolate chips or anything you have that is yummy and will stick to ice cream! This recipe comes from a cookbook by the name of “Wanda’s Pie in the Sky”, by Wanda Beaver (no kidding)!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cook rolled oats not regular or instant
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer or a wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, rolled oats and raisins. Stir into butter mixture.
- Try not to eat too much of the dough and scoop it into tablespoon sized drops on the cookie sheets...about 2 inches apart.
- Depending on your oven bake for 12-15 minutes, until bottom starts to brown. (start checking after 10 minutes as that's all they take in my oven). Cool before removing to cooling rack sheet. Hide because they don't last long.