I remember eating puffed wheat as a wee child, but do not remember puffed wheat squares. Husband does on the other hand and has requested them more than one time. And so like a good wifey I am making Puffed Wheat Squares for my man but with the addition of cinnamon!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla 10 cups puffed wheat
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Combine butter, corn syrup, sugars and cocoa powder in a pot.
- Bring to a boil (but do not let burn).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Put your puffed wheat into a large bowl.
- Pour the hot mixture over the puffed wheat and mix well with a spoon.
- Press into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Let cool and cut er up!