Yup I’m way behind on my recipes of late. Too busy to enter them in, but I have a stack waiting in the wings (soon friends) including this Chili Cheese Corn Muffins recipe we made and served with Slowcooker Chili.
These muffins are a nice change to corn bread when you are making chili or any crockpot or casserole dish. My brother & family were in town visiting and we had them over for dinner one night. I put a big batch of chili into the slowcooker to simmer the day away and decided to try these muffins to join the chili for supper.
For the most part everyone loved them and so they got the Baker stamp of approval. The original recipe calls for them to be made in a normal or jumbo sized muffin tin but I wanted it to be fun for the kids and so made them in the mini muffin tins. You decide.
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 can diced mild green chiles drained
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the corn, chiles and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Add in the milk and mayonnaise stirring until combined.
- Spray muffin pans and spoon the mixture in.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- If using mini muffin pans bake for approx. 8-10 minutes. If using normal or jumbo muffin pans bake for approx. 20 minutes depending on your oven.