As a busy mom who barely has time to sleep, some days I just want a quick meal and look for inspiration to help me get there. Sometimes it’s take out, sometimes it’s a frozen meal others its simple sandwiches. You do what you have to.
This BBQ Salisbury Steak is a super easy meal with a hint of BBQ flavour. You can add either your favourite purchased sauce or home made BBQ Sauce. We did not grow up eating Salisbury Steak or Meatloaf for that matter, so I find the two meals almost identical only in different shapes and with different seasonings. Had to sell this to the kids as a bunless burger, but hey you do what you have to!
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 pkg stove top stuffing any flavour
- 1 1/4 cups water divided
- 1/2 cup onions minced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce your favourite
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix ground beef, stuffing mix, 1 cup of the water and the onions until well blended. Shape into six 1/2 inch thick oval patties. Season with salt & pepper and place in baking pan & bake 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Spray fry pan with pam (or butter). Add mushrooms, cooking on med-high until lightly browned. Add BBQ sauce and remaining 1/4 cup water. Reduce heat to low. Cook 1-2 minutes or until sauce is heated through. Serve over the patties.