Peanut Butter cookies on a stick made better with the addition of smarties or M&M’s. Peanut Butter Cookies are a product of my child hood and so many PB cookies have been consumed over the years. Most of us have a favourite recipe that works for us. Here is one of our PB recipes we have used to make these delightful cookies on a stick.
Goes to show anything can be eaten on a stick, yum.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Candy smarties or M&M's, enough for you, the kids and the cookies
- Popsicle sticks
- Corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine butter, sugars, egg, peanut butter and vanilla with a mixer until well combined. With a spoon add your flour, baking soda and salt mixing until blended.
- To make gems roll approx. 1/4 cup of dough into a ball. Insert wooden popsicle stick halfway into balls. On parchment lined bakng sheet press with the bottom of a glass or your palm to about 3/8 inch thick. Continue spacing approximately 1 inch apart and until baking sheet is full.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes. Cool on rack. Once cooled heat up a little corn syrup. The warm corn syrup acts as glue. Use a brush to apply corn syrup to the cookies wherever you want the candy. Let dry.