When I had a career, and worked full time outside of the house, I used to enjoy finding simple and easy but healthy recipes to make. When I made the decision to be a work at home mom, I made the time to put more effort into meals as time allowed. As the kids got older and school/activities started to take over our lives, I have to get creative at times.
I make this recipe regularly with leftover spaghetti meat sauce. A bolognese sauce works nicely to. I’ve used all kinds of noodles, even macaroni, and it’s a dish the kids love. The edges get a little crunchy and the grown ups seem to enjoy those parts more than the kids. Cheddar or marble cheese can replace the mozzarella.
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef cooked & drained
- 1 cup pasta sauce homemade or store bought
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 cups long noodles spaghetti, linguine, spaghettini, fettuccine, cooked and drained or leftovers
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- dried herbs any of these basil, thyme, oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1 lightly greased pie plate 9 inch
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix together your cooked burger and pasta sauce.
- Beat eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper and 1 tsp of dried herbs in large bowl. Add pasta incorporating everything well.
- Spread pasta mixture in pie plate. Spread on your meat sauce, keeping it in the middle. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. At this point you can add more cheese on top (provolone, more mozzarella or Parmesan) if you wish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling. Let stand and cut in wedges to serve.