Pancakes really are that easy to make. The next time you want some, instead of using a bisquick (or other) pancake mix…try this recipe. It’s so quick/easy you will wonder why you didn’t make them from scratch before.
This is my go to pancake recipe. I typically double the batch and once they are on the skillet sprinkle on my add-ins (allowing everyone to get involved and make their own or have options). Leftover pancakes get separated by parchment paper and frozen in ziplock bags. To reheat let them sit out for a few minutes and then drop them into the toaster.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2-3 tbsp butter melted in microwave
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp wheat germ
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Grab 2 large bowls.
- Heat your pan or griddle. If using a pan add in some oil or butter.
- In first bowl beat your egg, add in your milk and butter mixing well.
- In second bowl whisk your flour, baking powder, sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon and salt together. Pour dry ingredients on wet mixture and stir until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Using 1/4 cup measure scoop up some batter and pour onto griddle. Cook for about 1 minute or until underside is nicely browned and bubbles break on top. Flip pancake and cook for an additional minute until golden brown.
- Serve with fruit preserves (jam), honey, butter, maple syrup, bacon…more chopped toasted nuts if you wish, whipped cream, creme fraiche, vanilla greek yogurt - whatever you like!
Chocolate Chips, Butterscotch chips or chopped white chocolate
Marshmallows, crushed graham crackers, chocolate chips (smores)
Fruit (chopped banana, mango, strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
Chopped toasted nuts