While we don’t eat a lot of processed foods….it is pretty common to find a jar of cheez whiz somewhere in our household since both hubs & grew up eating it. My mom always used to mix it in with macaroni & it became a comfort food and the only version of a macaroni & cheese I knew at the time. In our house it’s used more when we grill hot dogs or smokies or even make up a Queso Dip.
These days I am all about easy and this recipe turned out fabulous…was super tasty and simple to make. The addition of cheese on top and bacon really gives it an extra flavour burst.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup look for the healthy stuff - no msg & preservatives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheez whiz
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes approx. 9, sliced
- 1 onion sliced & separated into rings
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix soup, sour cream, cheez whiz and pepper. Add potatoes and onions, tossing to coat evenly.
- Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with light coat of cooking spray, toss potato mixture in and cover with foil.
- Bake 1 1/2 hour or until potatoes are soft.