I’m making these for dinner tonight. They were put into rotation a while back since the flavour was delightful. The flavour will improve the longer you marinate them.
If you do not enjoy spicy food it’s easy to omit the hot sauce although a few drops doesn’t really add much heat. My kids eat them and they do not like spicy food! But then again my kids love pork chops in all it’s variations. As always do not use cilantro if you are not a fan of it.
Since we are “All Weather” Grillers these chops are fantastic any time of the year.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika smoked is good too
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce or more if you are brave
- 4-6 boneless pork chops
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Combine first 7 ingredients (OJ through hot sauce) in a ziplock plastic bag.
- Remove 2 tbsp of the marinade and set aside.
- Add your pork chops to the bag. Squishy it to ensure pork is covered with marinade. Set aside for at least 30 minutes (more is good) to marinate.
- Remove chops from marinade and pat dry.
- Grill on low heat for 20-30 minutes or until done (really depends on the thickness of your chops). Baste a couple times with reserved marinade.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.