We love appetizers. In fact entire meals – even New Year’s Eve Meals have been entirely appetizers. Appetizers can be anything you want them to be such as a cheese board with grapes or cheese, sausage and crackers or dips.
Remember the good ole Spinach Dip? I could seriously jump in and eat my way out of a spinach dip. But as the saying goes from the lips to the hips. So it remains an occasional treat. In the meantime here is a new and improved version of a Spinach Dip with feta cheese added in for a little bit of salty goodness. Use goat feta or cow feta – both are delish. If you have kids get them to help make this dip as kids tend to be more eager to try food if they have been involved in the process.
To make this even spectacular serve it in a bread bowl. It makes about 2 cups.
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 4 oz cream cheese softened (half a brick)
- 3/4 cup shredded dry pack feta
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1.5 tsp dill dried or fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, feta, yogurt, sour cream, spinach, garlic and dill. Using a mixer beat until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon dip into a serving dish (if using), cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Enjoy with breadsticks, pita wedges, bagel chips, or fresh veggies.