Back on the grain wagon again this week sharing a Couscous with Mint salad of sorts. A couple of cooler days here in Calgary allowed the brain to start thinking again and planning some meals….if only for a few days. Rummaging through my pantry I pulled out couscous. I further had some peppers to use up, feta that was growing green, 5 kalamata olives left and a pack of mint turning a nasty brown colour.
A new recipe was born. Loving all things mint, it’s worth making.
- 1½ cups water or stock
- ¾-1 cup couscous
- olive oil (3 tbsp)
- Red wine vinegar (1 tbsp)
- ⅓ cup pepper, fresh and chopped
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- ⅓ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup kalamata olives (less or more will work)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Couscous is pretty much made the same way every time. Boil your water in a pot. Add your couscous once water is boiling. Remove from heat, cover pot and allow to sit up to 10 minutes. Once fluffy pour into a bowl, stirring to fluff a little more and allow to cool down.
- Add in your salt, pepper, oil and vinegar, stirring to combine. Mix in pepper, mint, feta and olives.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving time.