My kids love to get into the kitchen and create things. More often then not they announce what they want to make without checking on ingredients first. This salad was the exception as we just so happened to have all the fruit available. Aiden’s Fruit Salad is made by my son Aiden and on this night accompanied quick sandwiches before a busy activity evening.
A fruit salad can include any fruit you want. We never add a dressing or drizzle of honey to our fruit salads as we let the sweetness of the fruit speak for itself.
- 1 cup strawberries, rough chop
- 2 cups grapes
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup green apple, rough chop
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, rough chop
- 2 cups watermelon, rough chop
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- ½ cup cubed Gouda, Monterery Jack or grilled Halloom cheese
- Add all fruit to a bowl. Light stir to combine.
- Tear off pieces of mint. Pour cubed cheese on top and serve.