Fruit salad screams summer and adding cheese offers new flavours your family will love. The nutty sweetness from the cheese combines perfectly with the fruit, making this Fruit Salad with Gouda one for all your summer barbecues!
Kids can cook
With a little encouragement your kids will be inspired to get in the kitchen and start cooking. Help them find an easy recipe to get started.
Wee ones can help by choosing the fruit, washing ot and sampling for quality control it as you go. When they get older have them help cut up the fruit.
This salad was created by my son Aiden and he now makes it when summer fruit is in season.
What fruits to use
Considering making a fruit salad at other times of the year using whatever fruit is in season in your area.
- 1 cup strawberries rough chop
- 2 cups grapes
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup green apple rough chop
- 1 cup fresh pineapple rough chop
- 2 cups watermelon rough chop
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 1/2 cup cubed Gouda Monterery Jack or grilled Halloom cheese
- Add all fruit to a bowl. Light stir to combine.
- Tear off pieces of mint. Pour cubed cheese on top and serve.