Enjoy these flavourful Pork Koftas grilled on the barbecue with fresh Tomato Dill Salsa.
If you are looking to change up your burger game, try making Pork Koftas or Beef Keftas and wrapping them around pre-soaked wooden skewers.
This Eastern Mediterranean specialty does not require any kind of dipping side sauce but instead is paired with fresh salsa adding additional texture and flavour.
A fragrant mixture of aromatics like green onion, garlic and fresh dill give this kofta its flavour, along with spices like cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and paprika.
These ingredients are carefully mixed into the pork and egg mixture and then formed around skewers.
- Swap pork for beef or lamb
- Do not over mix your kofta mixture or the meat will end up tough
- Serve with pitas, a side of couscous, fresh lettuce, grains or roasted potatoes
- Also good served without pita, in a lettuce cup or as is with fresh salsa
- Try to make each Koftas the same size to ensure even cooking
- Prepare mixture the night before and keep in refrigerator for a quick meal the next day