Pork Koftas with Tomato Dill Salsa is of Middle Eastern/South Asian decent. Simplified a Kofta is a very flavourful burger or meatball infused with all kinds of spices and enjoyed on a stick. My family loves this style of eating!
We’ve made Koftas (beef) before and never had this kind of flavour burst. Use any salsa you like with this dish. We served it with a Green Harvest Couscous.
If you are going to make this for the Wild Rose D-Tox, serve it in a lettuce cup and omit sugar from salsa.
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dill (dried or fresh)
- 1½ tsp each paprika (we used smoked) & ground coriander
- ¾ tsp each salt & ground cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp dill (fresh or dried)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt & sugar
- Pita pockets
- Condiments - sliced Cucumber, sliced Red onion, tomato dill salsa
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In large bowl mix together pork through egg. Divide into 8 portions forming each into an egg shape or smaller if you prefer smaller bites. Thread onto skewer.
- Place on greased grill over medium heat, turning one time and cooking approx. 10 minutes. Once cooked remove from skewers and place one kofta onto pita, adding the condiments of your choice.