Here’s another delicious soup for a cold day. Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup has been done many times before so this is a slight variation of an original recipe using onion soup mix. Cooked in the Slow Cooker it makes for a lovely smelling meal to come home to.
We enjoy this soup and admittedly have it a couple of times a month during the colder Fall and Winter months. Top it with a good helping of freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano (a more salty cheese) & some crouton crumbles.
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1½ cans tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 cup macaroni (or any small pasta), cooked & drained
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (or more)
- Over medium high heat brown beef and chopped onion. Cooked until beef is nicely browned. Toss into crockpot and add remaining ingredients except pasta, cheese & croutons. Cook on low for up to 8 hours or on high for 3-5 hours.
- To serve add cooked pasta to soup bowls and ladle hot soup over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and croutons.