Here’s another delicious soup for a cold day. Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup has been done many times before so this is a slight variation of an original recipe using onion soup mix. Cooked in the Slow Cooker it makes for a lovely smelling meal to come home to.
Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup
We enjoy this soup and admittedly have it a couple of times a month during the colder Fall and Winter months. Top it with a good helping of freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano (a more salty cheese) & some crouton crumbles.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cans tomato sauce 8 oz
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 cup macaroni or any small pasta, cooked & drained
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese or more
- 1/2 cup croutons
- In a skillet cook beef and onion over medium high heat until beef is browned.
- Toss into crockpot and add celery through soy sauce. Cook low and slow for up to 8 hours or on high for 3-5 hours.
- When ready to eat, put a spoonful of the cooked pasta into soup bowls and ladle hot soup over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and croutons or fresh basil.