Summer has officially started here in the Great White North when blueberries, cherries watermelon and all the fresh produce start arriving in the stores.
This Watermelon, Blueberry, Mint and Feta Salad offers a umami of flavours making this salad irresistible.
Blueberries are highly nutritious, full of nutrients and among the world’s most powerful sources of antioxidants. Watermelon keeps you hydrated, is good for skin and hair and may even help improve digestion.
Mint brings a freshness to the salad and feta with a little salt sprinkle brings a touch of saltiness.
A sprinkle of black pepper offers up a spicy kick for those who need it. A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil finishes the salad and brings all the flavours together.
This refreshing, light salad can be eaten as is or enjoyed along side your favourite grilled meat and vegetables.
- Use good quality extra virgin olive oil in this recipe, you can taste the difference
- You can make this salad in advance but use in the same day
- Sea salt or smoked sea salt sprinkled on top brings out the flavour of the watermelon
- Recipe serves 2 as a main meal or 4 as sides
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1-2 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- pinch sea salt
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Add watermelon, blueberries, feta, and mint into a bowl. Toss lightly. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.