This Berry Orange Smoothie Bowl contains frozen berries, spinach, avocado, fresh orange, coconut milk and mint. A delicious blended smoothie you can make any time of the year – even when berries are not in season.
We created this smoothie bowl, loaded it with healthy goodness and added some extra zing with orange zest and fresh mint.
This bright and colourful smoothie is perfect for Valentine’s Day or Canada Day celebrations.
I’m currently participating in a Valentine’s Day Blog Hop Recipe round up with local food bloggers and this recipe is included in the round up!
Be sure to check out the other recipes and blogs participating to see what’s cooking in their kitchen this Valentine’s Day which also happens to be a long weekend here in Alberta. They are Merry About Town, Food Mamma, and Edible Life in YYC.
- If you do not like coconut milk, substitute for your favourite milk or cooled green tea
- Mix the chia seeds in a well and give a few minutes to plump up before consuming
- Fresh basil also tastes good in this smoothie
- Not into smoothie bowls? Pour it into a glass!
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Zest & juice of 1 medium sized orange
- 1/4 cup mint leaves fresh
- 1 tbsp frozen raspberries
- Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- In a blender add frozen berries, avocado, spinach, coconut milk, orange juice and mint. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowl and sprinkle on your chia seeds, orange zest, frozen raspberries and toasted almonds. Serve immediately.