This Berry Orange Smoothie Bowl contains frozen berries, spinach, avocado, fresh orange, coconut milk and mint. A delicious blended smoothie you can make any time of the year – even when berries are not in season.
Berry Orange Smoothie Bowl
Adding fresh orange zest and mint brings this smoothie bowl to a whole new level. Remember if you don’t want to eat your smoothie bowl out of a bowl, drink it out of a glass!
The brightness from this smoothie makes it perfect for breakfast on Valentine’s Day or Canada Day!
I’m currently participating in a Valentine’s Day Blog Hop Recipe round up with local food bloggers and this recipe is included in the round up!
Be sure to check out the other recipes and blogs participating to see what’s cooking in their kitchen this Valentine’s Day which also happens to be a long weekend here in Alberta. They are Merry About Town, Food Mamma, and Edible Life in YYC.
- If you do not like coconut milk, substitute for your favourite milk or cooled green tea
- Mix the chia seeds in a well and give a few minutes to plump up before consuming
- Fresh basil also tastes good in this smoothie
- Not into smoothie bowls? Pour it into a glass!
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Zest & juice of 1 medium sized orange
- 1/4 cup mint leaves fresh
- 1 tbsp frozen raspberries
- Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- In a blender add frozen berries, avocado, spinach, coconut milk, orange juice and mint. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowl and sprinkle on your chia seeds, orange zest, frozen raspberries and toasted almonds. Serve immediately.