Stay hydrated and cool off on a hot summer day with homemade popsicles. With just a few ingredients and a little time, you can have healthy popsicles any day of the week!
I’ve been making these popsicles, minus the coconut milk, since the kids were toddlers. For a new spin I added coconut milk.
Popsicles, like smoothies, can be made using a variety of ingredients. Add in fresh herbs, dairy free milk or yogurt, fruit slices, cold brewed tea, chia seeds, nut butters and more. Make them as simple or complex as you like but be sure to make extra as they won’t last long.
These Watermelon Berry Popsicles have only 5 ingredients and a small pinch of salt as an added flavour enhancer. Best made the day before you plan on eating them.
- 3 cups watermelon, cut up and rind removed
- 1 cup strawberries, stems removed and chopped
- ½ fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp fresh mint rough chop
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Popsicle molds
- Popsicle sticks
- Aluminum foil
- Using a blender or hand immersion blender whiz together watermelon, strawberries, lime juice, a pinch of salt and mint. Pour into molds and fill about ¾ full. Place in freezer for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and place popsicle sticks in middle of each popsicle. Return to freezer for another 15 minutes. Remove and pour coconut milk to the top of the mold. Place back in freezer, cover with tin aluminum foil and let set up at least 12 hours.