Carrying on with our blueberry theme for National Blueberry Month (July), I had planned to whip up some blueberry turkey burgers for dinner since I had lots of BC Blueberries in my fridge. It’s not a new to me idea as I’ve tried turkey/chicken sausage with blueberries before, and last year at the BC Blueberry Launch we made up some blueberry turkey sliders.
Since I had the Blueberry Bourbon BBQ Sauce ready to go, I tossed in about 1 tbsp of this sauce into my burger. We also topped the burgers with the sauce, some havarti cheese and prepared to chow down and a relatively healthy burger. It was the ideal dinner to have on the deck.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup sliced blueberries
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 1 tbsp blueberry bbq sauce
- salt & pepper
- Havarti cheese
- fixings lettuce, pickles, tomatoes
- canola oil
- Gently mix all ingredients together including a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Form into 4 equal patties. Sprinkle each with salt & pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Over medium high heat grill the burgers until golden brown about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip over the burgers. Cook until turkey is cooked throughout, about 5 minutes on the second side.
- Spread a little mayonnaise on your bun, add your burger, cheese and another dollop of blueberry BBQ sauce.