Tonight’s dinner will be called Chicken Linguine. It probably won’t surprise you when I admit I bought another cookbook to add to the ever growing collection. There are a couple shows on the food network that I truly enjoy watching and so inspiration hits all the time. I love watching the Chef’s demonstrate their recipe and then start thinking to myself how I could change it up.
Yesterday I was at Costco doing a supply run for our company BBQ and got sucked into buying a new cookbook. Not a hard sell at times. It is a complete meal planner (5 days in a row) and I am excited to try and possibly change up several of the recipes to suit the family. You could easily add any green vegetable into this dish to give it some veggie flair. Sometimes I like to add peas or broccoli. Very simple tasting and the kids devoured it!
Here is the first one, Baker style.
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts boneless & skinless cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream 10%
- 2 green onions chopped
- hot chili flakes optional
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- Place a pot of water over high heat. Once it comes to a boil salt your water (should taste like the ocean). Drop your pasta, stir once, lower your heat and cook until al dente (approx 6 minutes). Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick fry pan over medium heat. Sprinkle chili powder, salt and pepper on to your chicken pieces. Place chicken in the pan and brown. Add garlic cooking for a minute or so (careful not to brown it). Then add chicken broth to pan. Keep simmering and flipping chicken until broth has almost evaporated. Add green onion.
- Once sauce has cooked down a little, remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Slowly whisk in cream until well combined and heated through. Return chicken to pan and heat gently in the sauce.
- Put your cooked linguine into a serving bowl, add your chicken/sauce and toss well to combine. If the sauce appears dry, mix in some of the reserved pasta water. Toss on some Parmesan and an even a handful of chopped parsley. Serve immediately.