A Chocolate Fondue that is simple to make, easy to eat and will leave your guests so impressed they want to buy their own fondue pot!
Our chocolate fondue recipe is one I have made so many times it’s forever lodged in my brain. As long as I have a proper fondue pot, and access to ingredients, I can make it anywhere.
Sometimes we make it with booze, sometimes we don’t. The alcohol does add a slight hint of flavour depending on which kind you use. Same with sprinkles, sometimes we use them, sometimes we don’t. That is the great thing about this fondue, you can change it up ever so slightly each time and the sprinkles are really for the kids.
The Fondue Pot
It’s important to use the correct pot when making a chocolate or dessert fondue. These pots are designed specifically for desserts and typically come in earthenware, ceramic, porcelain or even tempered glass but we stay away from glass. They will be smaller and their heat sources are candle or gel fuel burner to keep the chocolate warm without over heating.
Chocolate Fondue Dippers
Dippers for a chocolate fondue are the funnest ingredients to prepare and sample while preparing! Here’s a few dippers we have tried over the years all sliced in to bite size pieces where applicable.
Pineapple, canteloupe, honey dew melon, strawberries, grapes, apple wedges, banana slices, orange sections, pear wedges, pound cake cubs, angel food cake cubes, brownies, marshmallows, sour candies, gummy bears, coconut pieces, kiwi chunks, pretzels, graham wafers, lady fingers, coconut macaroons, chocolate chip cookies, banana bread, shortbread cookies, biscotti, Italian cookies, figs, rice krispy treats, puffed wheat squares, mini cream puffs.
We recommend you choose 5 or 6 and start with those. You can change it up every time if you like but sometimes to many can be overwhelming!
Interested in trying new Fondue recipes?! Check out these:
- 16 oz 500 gr or 2 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp candy sprinkles
- 2 tbsp liquor (rum kahlua, whiskey, brandy
- In a pot over medium heat whipping cream until warm, not boiling. You want to see steam starting to rise.
- Add chocolate in 3 scoops or additions, whisking constantly each time until melted.
- Stir in your liquor if using.
- Remove from heat and transfer into your fondue pot. Ensure flame is on to keep chocolate warm.
- Add sprinkles just before serving.
- Enjoy with your favourite dippers.