I grew up eating cucumbers and tomatoes (grown in the garden) by the truck loads and so different variations of cucumber salads were fairly common in our house. I continue this trend of eating lots of tomatoes and cucumbers in my house. It’s amazing how many new ways you can discover to eat these delicious bites.
This is a very refreshing and crisp salad that goes great with just about anything. You could make this if you are on the Wild Rose D-tox Program, but you need to omit the vinegar in the dressing.
- 1 cucumbers (I prefer long english)
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ½ red/spanish onion, sliced thin
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Slice cucumbers and place in a bowl. Add cilantro, onions and lightly toss.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, salt & pepper together. Pour over salad tossing to combine.
- Serve immediately.