Curried Up Spinach Dip is a creamy, luscious dip you can throw together quickly. We’ve made it even more flavourful by adding curry paste and toasted nuts!
Curried Up Spinach Dip
This dish is a classic many of us grew up with. It’s relatively easy to make and pull together for last minute gatherings and it’s loaded with flavour!
If you love the flavours of curry, you will love this dip. It adds a nice change up to a classic flavour. Plus the nuts on top are the nutty crunch you never knew you were missing!
Potlucks from the Past
Much throughout this blog I have shared many a past potluck memory. They have shaped my love of food and inspired my cooking in so many ways.
One memory is the spinach dip never having enough bread. So it was a thing then to rip apart the bread bowl to savour every last bite. Now I always cut up an extra baguette to ensure we have enough bread to go around.
More often than not I like to add where I got the inspiration for my recipes.
For our annual mom’s who need wine cookie exchange and wine night I was craving spinach dip. This is a treat I only get when hanging with friends as no one in my family will eat it. I’d been adding curry paste into other things like egg or chicken salad sandwiches, mayonnaise to make a spread for burgers, even deviled eggs.
I tried it in this dip and was hooked. As was everyone who has sampled it.
- Keep a couple packages of the soup mix in your pantry and cans of water chestnuts
- Same goes for the frozen spinach. You can defrost this fairly quickly.
- Swapping out the sour cream for Greek yogurt makes me feel like it’s somewhat healthy!
- Start with only 1 tsp of the curry paste. You can always add more.
- My curry paste jar says to cook the paste so I gently heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds before mixing in.
Other appetizers you will love:
- Mushroom Toast
- How to make Labneh
- Smoked Salmon on Pumpernickel Rye
- Candied Bacon and Brown Sugar Baked Brie
- Mini Salad in Toast Cups
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach thawed & drained
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 can water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 1 pkg dry vegetable soup mix
- 1 tsp curry paste
- 1 round loaf bread
- 1 baguette cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or cashews lightly toasted
- In a medium bowl, mix together chopped spinach, mayonnaise, yogurt, water chestnuts, soup mix, and curry paste. Stir well to combine. If you like more curry flavour add a little more paste tasting as you go. Best to make this a couple hours in advance to let the flavours get happy. Keep in fridge until ready to assemble.
- Cut off top of bread. Pull out bread in the bowl to make it slightly hollow and into a bowl shape. Fill with spinach mixture. Tear any extra bread into chunks for dipping.
- Cut baguette into chunks for extra dippers. Serve immediately. Try to share.