Mini Salad in Toast Cups are cute one bite appetizers created in a variety of flavours to satisfy all your salad cravings! Try the Bacon Lettuce Tomato, buffalo chicken, Caesar salad cups or make all three!
Mini Salad Toast Cups – Caesar
The toast cups replace the buttery, crunchy croutons found in a Caesar salad. Finely shredded romaine lettuce is mixed with cooked chopped bacon, dressing, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Scoop into toast cups, top with additional bacon and cheese to create the perfect bite!
Mini Salad Toast Cups – BLT
Save some of the bacon from the Caesar salad cups for these tasty BLT cups! The toast cup acts as the bread in a BLT filled with shredded chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes and bacon. Spoon into prepared toast cups and top with grated cheese!
Mini Salad Toast Cups – Buffalo Chicken
Here we’ve made a simple buffalo chicken sauce and tossed it with leftover roast chicken. Shredded lettuce is mixed with mayo and salt and pepper, added to toast cups and topped with the buffalo chicken mixture. Additional cooked bacon was sprinkled on top!
Recipes made with mayo should be kept cold until serving and only left out for a short time. As someone who has experienced food poisoning due to food prepared with mayo left out too long during a wedding reception, I can’t stress this enough!
- Use leftover rotisserie chicken for this recipe for the buffalo chicken or poach chicken breasts
- Replace the bacon with crisped pancetta or prosciutto
- You can prepare toast cups in advance.
We always get inspired to create one bite wonders when Super Bowl or Canadian Grey Cup approaches. Inspiration comes from every where and there are so many great recipes you can make before opting in for frozen appetizers. I promise cooking your own is way more satisfying and tasty!
Other fun appetizer recipes to try:
- Smoked Stuffed Mushroom Stuffed Potato
- Smoked Salmon on Pumpernickel Rye
- Curried Up Spinach Dip
- Mini Cheese Balls
- Simple Bruschetta
- Blueberry Guacamole
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 3 pieces of bread all four sides/crusts removed
- 1 cup romaine lettuce inner leaf rib removed and remaining leaf sliced into thin shreds
- 1 tbsp caesar salad dressing your favourite store bought or homemade
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 pieces bacon cooked and chopped into small pieces
- mini muffin tin
- cooking spray or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut each piece of bread into four equal squares.
- Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray or brush with melted butter.
- Flatten each piece of bread a little and gently press each bread square into a muffin cup. Give another quick spray or brush of melted butter. Continue until you have filled 12 muffin cups.
- Place in oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until the bread has turned lightly brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl combine lettuce, salad dressing, cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place a small amount of the salad in each bowl and top with a few pieces of bacon and a little sprinkle extra parmesan cheese.