Mini Salad in Toast Cups are cute one bite appetizers made three ways to satisfy all your guests salad cravings.
We always get inspired to create one bite wonders when either Super Bowl or Canadian Grey Cup approaches. Inspiration comes from every where and there are so many great recipes out there to try before you decide to opt in for frozen appetizers. I promise cooking your own is way more satisfying and tasty!
Mini Salad Toast Cups
In this recipe the toast cup replaces the buttery, crunchy croutons in your caesar salad. A little bit of romaine lettuce chopped fine, dressing, salt plus pepper and parmesan mixed together becomes your salad. Added to your toasted cups and topped with bacon gives you a satisfying and enjoy one bite caesar salad.
Recipes with Mayonnaise
This recipes make 12, enough for four guests, but double and triple if you are expecting a crowd. In the notes we show you how to make BLT Salad Toast Cups and Buffalo Chicken Salad Toast Cups so you could definitely make more and share them all with your guests! Please remember recipes with mayonnaise can not be left out of the refrigerator for long periods of time.
- Use leftover rotisserie chicken for this recipe
- Replace the bacon with crisped pancetta or prosciutto
Other fun Appetizer recipes to try:
- Smoked Stuffed Mushroom Stuffed Potato
- Smoked Salmon on Pumpernickel Rye
- Curried Up Spinach Dip
- Mini Cheese Balls
- Simple Bruschetta
- Blueberry Guacamole
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 3 pieces of bread all four sides/crusts removed
- 1 cup romaine lettuce inner leaf rib removed and remaining leaf sliced into thin shreds
- 1 tbsp caesar salad dressing your favourite store bought or homemade
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 pieces bacon cooked and chopped into small pieces
- mini muffin tin
- cooking spray or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut each piece of bread into four equal squares.
- Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray or brush with melted butter.
- Flatten each piece of bread a little and gently press each bread square into a muffin cup. Give another quick spray or brush of melted butter. Continue until you have filled 12 muffin cups.
- Place in oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until the bread has turned lightly brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl combine lettuce, salad dressing, cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place a small amount of the salad in each bowl and top with a few pieces of bacon and a little sprinkle extra parmesan cheese.