A fresh Green Quinoa Salad that is bursting with healthy goodness and loads of flavour is one you will want to add to your weekly menu!
Green Quinoa Salad
I challenged myself to make a new quinoa salad each day of the week for five days. Batch cooked the quinoa, left in the fridge so I could pull out one cup each day to create a new salad. These salads are: Moroccan Salad, Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, Thai Inspired Quinoa Salad, Bok Choy Quinoa Salad with Tahini Dressing and this one. They were all incredibly good.
This green variation comes from using up leftovers in the refrigerator and since it was my last salad of the week, it made sense. This would be a perfect meal for St. Paddy’s Day.
Why A Quinoa Salad A Day?
I wanted to show my friends & family how easy it was to create a healthy & nutritious salad that could be for lunch, dinner or even a side. Quinoa is not a grain, but a seed and it is full of protein which is especially good for vegetarians and vegans.
Initially I was going to do a simple olive oil & lemon dressing but than I started thinking about the dressing we enjoy with this Bok Choy Salad. It’s a simple dressing consisting of olive oil, vinegar and a flavour packet of ichiban/ramen seasoning. It’s really yummy.
I modified that dressing and it became the dressing for this green quinoa salad. The crunchy toasted itchiban noodles are simply fantastic in this recipe.
As you read through the ingredient list, you might find there are items you don’t want to eat. The solution is simple, leave them out or put them into small bowls on the table allowing everyone to add them in if they wish.
For example only my daughter and myself like avocado, so it goes into a bowl and we add it to our salad individually. My husband dislikes green peppers so into a bowl it goes for the rest of us to add. It’s easy to make this salad your own and don’t be afraid to try something new!
If you like quinoa salads, check out some of our other tasty quinoa recipes:
- Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with Red Chili
- Pomegranate and Orange Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Burgers
- 2 Minute Chocolate Quinoa Cake
- Moroccan Quinoa Salad
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup green pepper chopped
- 3 brussel sprouts cleaned, halved & sliced thin
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar snap peas sliced into smaller pieces
- 1/4 cup cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup zucchini chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup baby kale or spinach, chopped small or ripped into smaller pieces
- 1/2 cup bok choy chopped
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp vinegar, white wine, red wine, white balsamic, sherry
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 packet ichiban seasoning packet from soup mix
- 1 tbsp toasted itchiban noodles
- Take one cup of your cooked quinoa and place in a bowl. Add green pepper, brussel sprouts, green onion, sugar snap peas, cucumber, zucchini, parsley, lettuce and bok choy.
- Pouring in dressing and toss lightly. Taste for seasoning and if required add more dressing/salt/pepper to your liking.
- To serve sprinkle with avocado, toasted sesame seeds and/or slivered almonds.