A quick and simple recipe today. More often then not I don’t think about posting recipes I make regularly and without putting thought into what I am making. Then my husband Rob reminds me there are many people who can not just whip something up as easily as I do and so I should be posting more of these types of posts. Gotcha daddy-o.
Today I made these for the kiddos for lunch. Made in advance they would also be a great lunch item to send along with school kids. Especially those older ones who have access to a microwave in the lunch room to quickly warm them if they so choose.
These are so versatile you could vary the sauces, toppings and even cheese for a different melt every day. There are many kinds of barbecue sauces to choose from so use your favourite. Also try pizza sauce, ranch or pesto. Don’t use a mayonnaise based sauce if you are sending them to school. A breakfast melt with ham, scrambled egg and cheese is also perfect for those rushing out the door.
- 1 cup roasted chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce + 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 3/4 mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 English Muffins
- Preheat oven to Broil.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the shredded chicken and 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce. Heat on medium low heat until chicken is warmed through.
- Split english muffins in half and place cut side up on a large baking sheet that has been covered in foil or parchment paper. Place under the broiler for 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Watch to make sure they do not burn.
- Lightly brush some barbecue sauce on all four english muffin halves. Place a little of the warmed chicken on each muffin half.
- Sprinkle on diced pepper and pineapple. Top with a mound of grated cheese.
- Place back on foil or parchment lined baking sheet and back into oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.