Made with fresh ginger, cinnamon sticks and honey, this Iced Chai Tea Latte will leave you feeling refreshed on a hot day.
Iced Chai Tea Latte
Making your own chai tea latte at home has never been easier. You don’t need a concentrate to make this drink taste fabulous.
Infusing cinnamon, ginger and a few additional spices together with milk and honey is all it takes to make this beverage sing.
Turn it into a Dirty Chai Latte
Yes, it’s true I do love an iced Dirty Chai Latte. What is this you ask? Simply a shot or two of espresso added to a chai latte. Brilliant right? So delicious.
How long does it last
We’ve kept it in the refrigerator for 2-4 days. Wouldn’t go much longer than that due to the dairy.
- With honey already in the recipe, you don’t need much more sweetener. However if you require added sweetness, add more honey to taste.
- I use 2% milk but you can use 3%, skim or any plant based milk you enjoy.
- I’ve always been an iced coffee drinker so the amount of ice you use is up to you.
- Did You Know Chai actually means tea? #TheMoreYouKnow
- Serve with a cinnamon stick that’s been lit on fire on one end. It adds a smokey hue when serving the beverage.
Other beverages we recommend trying
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker and please leave a comment!
*Updated June 2018.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 english breakfast tea bags
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 4 whole cardamom pods
- 4 whole cloves
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 1 piece fresh ginger thinly sliced (about 1 inch)
- Combine tea bags, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and honey in a tea pot (or other similar container).
- Add boiling water and let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags; chill tea in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Strain tea into serving pitcher.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice.