About four years ago I hosted one of our annual Mom’s Who Needs Wine Evenings. One of the ladies was pregnant so for her I filled a lovely jug with spring water and added cucumber and fresh mint. She loved it so much that when we went camping together that summer it was all she drank! We experimented more in summer with fruit and the kids loved it.
I try to encourage the kids to drink lots of water during the day. We don’t drink much juice here and rarely pop so infusing their water with good stuff encourages them to keep at it, and eat the good stuff!
There are so many combinations of infused waters the variations are endless. Put out a variety of ingredients and let the kids make up their own. It will encourage family bonding time and them to drink the water. We made three infused waters for these photos and re-used water bottles from a local juice store. Mason jars or any other easy to carry and pretty jar with a lid would also be ideal.
In these photos we made three variations. Here’s how we did it.
- 3-4 slices thinly sliced orange
- 3-4 slices thinly sliced lemon
- 3-4 slices thinly sliced lime
- 4-6 strawberries hulled and sliced thin
- 6-10 slices cucumber
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 3 bottles
- To first bottle add orange, lemon and lime. Pop in some ice and fill with water.
- To second bottle add strawberries. Add ice and fill with water.
- To third bottle add cucumber and mint. Add ice and fill with water.