After finding some of the produce in my fridge dying a slow death, I pulled out some recipe books looking for some inspiration. A large head of Napa Cabbage was crying to be used as were some lemons so I decided to make Lemony Coleslaw…and Lemony it was. I couldn’t figure out how this dressing was going to come together, taste good and fool my husband (who loathes sour cream). But it did and he had seconds without knowing the star ingredient – mission accomplished!
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon peel zest
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 4 cups cabbage shredded (we used Napa but regular will work)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup green onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower & pumpkin seeds shelled
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (optional)
- Make dressing - In a cup whisk together first 8 ingredients (water through salt & pepper) until well blended.
- In a bowl mix together your cabbage, carrots, green onions, parsley and sunflower seeds. Add your dressing and toss until well combined.
- At this point you can let your salad sit (in the fridge) until the rest of your meal is ready. Stir well before serving.