When kids come into your lives you have no idea how busy life will become. Schedules, routines, activities, eventually school, playdates, family time, and somewhere in there we need to eat right? As my kids started to get older, and several weekly activities became the norm, we were running like chickens with our heads cut off several times a week trying to grab something healthy to eat and go.
Quick meals solutions were needed. Pork chops are one of those quick, easy and healthy meal ideas that can be grilled, fried, or broiled quickly. Once cooked and cooled you could slice thin and add to sandwiches or wraps if you do not have time for a sit down meal. A bowl of pasta, pork chops and fresh veggies are really that easy to get on the table in 30 minutes or less.
These pork chops are a family favourite, in fact anything that includes Chinese five-spice powder is a favourite here.
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1-2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 3 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Add all ingredients except pork chops into a ziplock style bag. Mush it up to combine. Add your pork chops, seal bag and squishy bag to ensure chops are coated evenly.
- Marinate for a minimum 30 minutes. Longer is better.
- Remove pork chops from bag and grill over low heat on BBQ until done, about 30 minutes for thicker chops.
- In the photo I paired my pork chop with balsamic & basil grilled veggies. Will post that recipe soon.