Asian Noodle Salad with Spicy Nuts combines crispy vegetables, a zesty marinade, spicy nuts and pasta noodles creating the perfect side dish or item to bring to a potluck!
Asian Noodle Salad with Spicy Nuts
If you love noods, you are going to go crazy for this Asian Noodle Salad with Spicy Nuts!
Served cold, Asian ingredients are mixed and mingle before serving offering a light, refreshing salad great any time of the year but especially during those hot summer days!
Since having kids I’ve been a meal planner and flyer shopper. It helps save money and us plan out meals especially when we are busy with kids activities throughout the week. Ingredients for this salad can be changed to your liking.
- Carrot: peeled and sliced although sometimes I buy the bagged matchstick carrots from the store to save time.
- Snow peas: or use sugar snap peas or frozen (cooked) peas if that’s all you can find.
- Green Onions: slice them thin or swap with thinly sliced red onion.
- Radishes: make sure they are fresh and try Daikon radish instead!
- Cilantro: omit and use parsley!
- Bell peppers: I love them in this salad however when I make it for the family I omit since husband does not like these kinds of peppers.
- Napa cabbage: is delicious in this salad.
What to serve with this salad
It’s a great salad any time of the year however we tend to make it more in the warmer, summer months since it’s a cold salad. Serve with your favourite grilled items like chicken, beef, lamb, pork or veggies!
Change up the salad by adding grilled chicken shredded or roasted chick peas. It’s also the perfect picnic salad!
Love noodle salads as much as we do? Here’s a few more to try:
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Chilled Noodle Salad with Ginger Wasabi Dressing
- Sassy Noodle Salad
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker and please comment below!
- 1 carrot peeled and shaved or sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup snow peas strings removed and sliced thin
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 1/4 cup radishes sliced thin or into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp cilantro rough chop
- 1/2 500g pkg Vermicelli Pasta Noodles
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup spicy peanuts find recipe in notes
- 1/2 orange zest or 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup marinade in notes below
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling and drop your noodles. Cook 3-4 minutes, drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Shake off any extra water and place in a bowl.
- Add in carrots, snow peas, green onion, radishes and cilantro reserving a small amount of each for a garnish. Stir to combine.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of the marinade, the hot pepper flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add more marinade if needed. Stir to allow all noodles to soak up some of the marinade.
- When ready to serve top with orange zest, a scoop of the spicy nuts and the reserved carrots, snow peas, green onions, radishes and cilantro.
- Place the extra spicy nuts and marinade on the table in case anyone wants more.
- Blend together all ingredients and taste. Adjust seasoning by adding more salt and pepper as needed. Makes 1-2 cups. Set aside.