Our go to summer side is Greek Pasta Salad combining all you favourite fresh Greek salad vegetables plus pasta, and a zesty dressing! Additionally it’s a potluck favourite that gets requested again and again!
Greek Pasta Salad
My family adores Greek salad also known as a Greek village salad or horiatiki and we can never have enough of this salad during the summer months. The addition of pasta noodles creates a hearty side dish perfect with any main. Also try it for lunch or as a main.
Several times over the years I have played in softball slow-pitch leagues on many teams. When I moved to Calgary, I played again and met a ton of fun people to hang with. Same year I also joined an indoor soccer team and billiards team because why not. It was around then I met my husband, through work of all places, and life was forever changed.
During my Calgary ball season, our team did a few weekend tournament camping trips that included lots of beverages. Meals were potluck style and it was around this time someone from work introduced me to Club House Pasta Salad Dressing Mix. I used this dressing mix in my Greek pasta salad and ever since we are addicted. In fact anytime I make this salad for a potluck, I always get asked for the recipe!
Memorable Summer Salad
With the arrival of summer so comes all the fresh fruits and vegetables. Truly my favourite time of the year to pig out on produce. Serve this salad with any barbecued meal, at a potlucks, gatherings or picnics. Leftovers are a tasty lunch the next day!
This is the easiest meal to prepare camping. Since ball team camping, I have precooked the noodles and stuffed them into a zip up plastic bag. Mixed up the dressing and stored in a sealed jar. Pre chopped most of the veggies so all you have to do is add feta, mix and serve. A hit every time!
This Greek pasta salad hits all the right notes. Here’s a few tips to help get you started.
- Do not rinse pasta after cooking. This is an old wives tale. Drain pasta and spread pasta on a baking sheet to let cool down.
- Do not add oil to the pasta water. Simply not needed. Make sure it’s salted however.
- Pre-chop all veggies.
- Pre-make your salad dressing.
- Take this salad anywhere and be prepared to be asked for the recipe.
Like this salad idea, check out a few of our other favourites:
- Chicken Taco Salad
- BLT Wedge Salad
- Grain Salad with Edamame
- Watermelon Herb and Cucumber Salad
- Blueberry Caprese Salad
- Green Quinoa Salad
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 400 gr pasta fusilli, rotini
- 1 cup of peppers chopped
- ½ cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup small grape tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 pkg Club House Pasta Salad Dressing Mix or use home made version below
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- White vinegar
- Olive oil
- Cook your pasta according to instructions on box. Drain and lay out on cookie sheet to cool down.
- Whisk together your pasta salad dressing as per instructions using vinegar and oil. Mix in Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine peppers, onions, cucumber, olives, cooled pasta and dressing. Gently toss in tomatoes and feta. Let sit in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.