A family favourite that has stood the test of time (almost 20 years) will soon be your new go to pasta salad. This Greek Pasta Salad combines Greek salad and a pasta salad for a winning combination!
Back in 2002 I used to play on a local softball slow-pitch team. I was fairly new to Calgary and looking to get out and meet people. The same year I also joined an indoor soccer team and billiards team. It was around then I met my husband, through work of all places, and life was forever changed.
During our ball season, our team did a few weekend tournament camping trips that included lots of beverages. Meals were potluck style and it was around this time someone from work introduced me to Club House Pasta Salad Dressing Mix.
So every camping trip that followed I would precook the pasta, store it in a zip lock bag, chop up a bunch of vegetables, store them in a plastic bag, mix up the dressing and keep it in a sealed jar and wrap up some feta as the finishing touches.
This pasta salad is also a hit at potlucks and barbecues. Here’s a few tips to help get you started.
- Do not rinse pasta after cooking. This is an old wives tale. Drain pasta and spread pasta on a baking sheet to let cool down.
- Do not add oil to the pasta water. Simply not needed. Make sure it’s salted however.
- Pre-chop all veggies.
- Pre-make your salad dressing.
- Take this salad anywhere and be prepared to be asked for the recipe.
Like this salad idea, check out a few of our other favourites:
- 400 gr pasta fusilli, rotini
- 1 cup of peppers chopped
- ½ cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup small grape tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 pkg Club House Pasta Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- White vinegar
- Olive oil
- Cook your pasta according to instructions on box. Drain and lay out on cookie sheet to cool down.
- Whisk together your pasta salad dressing as per instructions using vinegar and oil. Mix in Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine peppers, onions, cucumber, olives, cooled pasta and dressing. Gently toss in tomatoes and feta. Let sit in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.