Seems this summer we have experimented with cocktails more than we normally would. So many exquisite drink combinations to play with and inspiration coming from everywhere. Cocktails are surprisingly easy to make at home. And much cheaper.
With a flat of ripening BC peaches and some leftover BC Blueberries it was a marriage of flavours that was kinda meant to be. Seriously though, I can’t wait to make this beverage again next summer.
Use a lighter wine for this sangria, such as a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. I only use 3/4 of the bottle of wine and as such the alcohol does not overpower the drink. Enjoy the leftover glass of vino while you are waiting for your sangria to chill and get happy.
On the patio, at the cabin, camping in the woods…this spectacular summer beverage works just about anywhere.
- 1 lime sliced thin
- 1 orange sliced thin
- 3 ripe peaches peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 oz brandy
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 bottle white wine 750 ml
- ice cubes
- Add all ingredients in a pitcher and lightly stir. Put pitcher in fridge and allow flavours to marry for several hours before serving.
- Serve in a tall glass with or without ice. If you have some fresh mint add it.