We love to make easy recipes especially on hot days! Picking up a prepared breaded schnitzel makes this Pork Schnitzel with Israeli Salad and Halloumi easy recipe to make and delicious to eat!
Buying good quality produce and specialty items is sometimes a better experience when you visit markets or specialty stores.
We picked up some prepared and breaded schnitzel from local grocery store Sunterra Market. They offer an assortment of options for those who don’t love to do a lot of prep work but want something quick and easy.
Supporting local ranchers, farmers and our community is something everyone should consider when shopping.
Alberta Pork offers resources, information and is a non-profit organization representing the province’s registered hog producers before government, industry partners, media, the general public and other interest groups.
Sunterra Market has their own pork farm right here in Alberta with great prices and amazing taste.
Earlier this year we made a chicken schnitzel recipe with an Israeli style salad. A quick protein and half your plate of vegetables is exactly how I like to eat, and this became my inspiration for the salad included in this recipe.
The Israeli salad features all the traditional items like tomato, onion, cucumber and fresh herbs plus the addition of grilled halloumi cheese.
- Chop your vegetables the night before to save time on preparations
- Local, fresh produce has the best flavour
- Know where your meat comes from and support local suppliers
- If you can’t find what you want in the meat department, ask the butcher as they are very helpful
We like to serve our meals family style on a platter with a sprinkle of chopped toasted pistachios adding a little extra crunch.
Sunterra Farm Facts:
- Sunterra Farms started in Acme in 1970 by Stan and Flo Price and their eldest son Dave.
- All three Sunterra companies are still owned and operated by the Price family.
Sunterra Market has seven locations in Calgary and two in Edmonton. Each location may offer a slightly different set up, but they all have the same great local products, good quality and awesome selection.
More Pork Recipes
If you love to cook pork recipes like this Pork Schnitzel with Israeli Salad and Halloumi, try these recipes:
We are working in collaboration with Sunterra Market and they have provided the ingredients for this recipe. All opinions, views expressed and recipe development are, as always, my own.
- 4 pork schnitzels set aside
- 1 pkg Halloumi cheese sliced lengthwise into 4-5 slices
- 2 1/2 cups cucumber
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp mint chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- juice from one lemon
- cracked black pepper
- sea salt
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios
- Brush the cheese with olive oil and place onto a medium hot grill for 3 minutes on each side, or until grill marks appear. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add cucumber, red onion, green onions, cherry tomatoes, parsley and mint to a bowl. In a separate cup whisk together 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon zest and juice. Pour over salad, add a good turn or pinch of freshly cracked black pepper and pinch of salt. Cut cheese slices into chunks and add to salad. Gently toss.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add cutlets to skillet; cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Remove cutlets to warm platter.
- With a slotted spoon add your salad to the platter. Sprinkle with pistachios and serve immediately.