Meals come together quickly when you use the broil feature in your oven. Our simple Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas can be on the table in 30 minutes or less when you prep things in advance or get the gang to help with dinner preparation. Then it’s as simple as preheating your oven, tossing items on baking sheet and broil. In about 12 minutes you are sitting down to eat dinner.
This is a meal you can modify to suit your tastes. I don’t add cheese to my fajita’s, but the family does.
Change up your onions by using white or yellow in stead. Roast some baby tomatoes and add a variety of peppers. Remember to cut everything the same size to ensure even cooking time.
Tortillas: We warm our tortillas on our electric glass stove burner. Turn it on medium, toss one on, watch it, after a few seconds flip it with tongs and set onto a plate. Do this with all of them and keep them covered under a dish towel until ready to serve. A second warming option is wrap them in foil, place on rimmed baking sheet and put on lower rack in oven until warmed through while your fajitas cook.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced in wedges or strips
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced into smaller pieces
- cooking spray
- 12 flour tortillas, small or large
- sour cream
- tex mex shredded cheese
- lime wedges
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to broil. Ensure one of your rack is in the top slot.
- Spray cooking oil on your sheet pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add onions and peppers and toss until coated. Scoop out onions and peppers shaking off any excess oil and add to one side of sheet pan.
- Toss chicken in to spice and oil mixture mixing to combine flavours. Add to other side of sheet pan.
- Broil about 10-12 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. There will be liquid in the pan from the chicken.
- Serve immediately with warmed tortillas and whatever extras you enjoy.