Slow Cooker Mulled Cider is an annual tradition enjoyed in the fall and winter, made easy in your crockpot.
Slow Cooker Mulled Cider
Nothing quite beats homemade mulled apple cider. Our family enjoys the aroma of the cider cooking, we include ingredients you can feel good about, and know it’s as unique as the ingredients you add to build the flavours of this hot beverage.
We love to change it up by making into an adult drink. Spike it with grand marnier, whiskey, brandy or rum and enjoy.
Use as little or as much as you like here.
Oranges: Citrus enhances the flavour offering a mild hint of orange. Serve with a wedge or slice of orange peel.
Apples: Sweet apple slices are added and then strained before serving.
Cinnamon Sticks, Star Anise and Cloves: Infuse the cider with a rich, spicy and warm aromas.
Sugar: Brown sugar or Coconut sugar add colour and sweetness. Add less or more depending on your taste.
Ginger: Powdered or fresh will do. We prefer fresh but use powdered when out of fresh.
- No slow cooker, no problem. Make this in a heavy bottom pot on your stove. Add ingredients and bring to a simmer. Let it go for 1- 2 hours. Strain and serve with cranberries, star anise, fresh orange or apple slices or star anise.
- Make on the stove as suggested above and pack in a warmed thermos to bring along skating, cross country skiing, sledding or any outdoor winter activities you are involved in.
- Strain before serving. Enjoy with your favourite cookies.
Bits and bites to enjoy with your cider
- Cinnamon Butter Cake
- Orange Waffles
- Brown Butter Blondies
- Cast Iron Pan Apple Pie
- Five Spice Ginger Cookies
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans and please comment below!
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or a couple one inch pieces of fresh
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 6 tsp whole cloves
- 1 orange, sliced thin
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.) Cover and cook on LOW minimum 4 hours to blend flavours or 6-8 hours if going all day.
- Serve with cranberries, fresh rosemary, apple or orange slices, cinnamon sticks or star anise.