Back in 2002 I used to play on a local softball slow-pitch team. I was fairly new to Calgary and looking to get out and meet people. The same year I also joined an indoor soccer team and billiards team. It was around then I met my husband, through work of all places, and life was forever changed.
During our ball season, our team did a few weekend tournament camping trips. Let’s be honest. They are beer tournaments and lots of beverages were consumed. Lots of fun though! We planned potluck style meals and it was around this time someone from work introduced me to Club House Pasta Salad Dressing Mix. I was hooked, it was so delicious. So every camping trip that followed I would precook the pasta, store it in a zip lock bag, chop up a bunch of vegetables, store them in a plastic bag, mix up the dressing and keep it in a sealed jar and wrap up some feta as the finishing touches. Always a hit and a salad I make regularly now. Our Greek Pasta Salad was created when leftover Greek salad met pasta using the Club House Pasta Salad Dressing.
Did you know you do not have to rinse your pasta to cool it down? Last year at an event with Canadian Chef Lynn Crawford she made a delicious noodle salad. She advised not to rinse your pasta while letting it cool down – it’s not necessary. Instead lay it out on a cookie sheet and let it cool that way. I’ve been doing this ever since and it works like a charm!
- 400 gr pasta (fusilli, rotini)
- 1 cup of peppers, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup small grape tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 pkg Club House Pasta Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- White vinegar
- Olive oil
- Cook your pasta according to instructions on box. Drain and lay out on cookie sheet to cool down.
- Whisk together your pasta salad dressing as per instructions using vinegar and oil. Mix in Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine peppers, onions, cucumber, olives, cooled pasta and dressing. Gently toss in tomatoes and feta. Let sit in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.