One of our favourite Halloween treats to make every October is these simple, yet tasty Witches Hats! They simply fly off the plate when brought to a Halloween gathering!
We have hosted or attended our share of Halloween parties for both kids and adults and these hats are a fun treat to bring to any spooky gathering you are attending.
Taco seasoning is mixed with lemon juice and softened cream cheese, and piped onto blue tortilla chips for a super fun treat that’s ghastly to eat!
Additionally we’ve diced some fresh carrots, sliced some olives and chopped up fresh cilantro to finish off our hats.
- Instead of carrots you could use bell peppers and if you do not like the taste of cilantro, substitute in flat leaf parsley for the cilantro.
- Try fresh herbs like basil, dill, mint or parsley mixed with cream cheese, omitting the taco seasoning for a slimy green look.
- Other spices you could try would be chili powder and cumin blended, Za’atar, garam masala, or any spice blend you love.
- Make cream cheese the day before, store in refrigerator, remove a couple hours before serving to soften up before piping your hats.
For an adult gathering you could add cayenne pepper to the taco seasoned cream cheese to add some fiery spice to the mix!
Halloween Party Food Ideas
Looking for more great Halloween Party food ideas, check out these fun recipes!
- Googly Eye Halloween Treats
- https://www.bakersbeans.ca/pomegranate-orange-quinoa-salad/ (blood clot salad with crunchy finger nails)
We love coming up with new creepy Halloween party ideas! What are some recipes you love to make during All Hallows’ Eve?!
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp taco spice if you like it spicy add some cayenne
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- couple drops orange food colouring red & yellow or brown
- 2 tbsp sliced green olives
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1-2 tbsp carrot diced small
- 1 bag blue tortilla chips
- 1 resealable plastic storage bag
- In a small bowl mix together cream cheese, taco seasoning, lemon juice & a couple drops of food colouring. Stir well until all ingredients are well combined. Spoon into plastic storage bag, squishing out air and sealing.
- Lay out your chips on a serving platter/dish. Remove any broken pieces.
- Cut off a tiny corner of the storage bag. Squeeze to drizzle cream cheese on each chip giving them a unique design replicating the band on hat. Sprinkle on green olives, carrots & cilantro.
- Serve immediately.