With older nieces who are Vegetarian, I am fortunate to be able to experiment with Vegetarian cooking. This is one of those experiments that turned out simply delicious. Grilled Zucchini with Feta is a lovely accompaniment to any grilled meat.
Another great recipe to help use up some extra zucchini from the garden.
- 2 medium zucchini cut into 2 inch spears
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tarragon vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup or more shredded dry pack feta cheese
- Toss zucchini spears with 1 tbsp oil.
- Splash of dry white wine if you have it on hand
- Make vinaigrette: in serving dish whisk 2 tbsp oil, vinegar, dill, green onion, salt & pepper & white wine (if you have it) until blended. Meanwhile grill your zucchini directly on grid for approx. 8-10 minutes or until tender. Transfer to serving dish with dressing and toss. Add cheese tossing a second time.