Like it or not, Fall is around the corner. It’s the perfect time for pickling or canning extra vegetables from the garden. In fact I am wanting to make another batch of these tasty Quick Pickle Cucumbers since there are so many of the smaller cucumbers in the stores and markets. Everyone in our family loves these little bites.
Our Bakers Burger Blast Burger Recipes have been far and few between this year. I’ve created a couple of burgers but haven’t tested them to the point of perfection (in my books). When I came up with this burger recipe I tried a few different kinds of cheese, with the sausage, without the sausage until eventually these flavours really worked well together. Biggest challenge was trying NOT to eat all the pickles before the burgers were done!!
Here in Alberta we have what’s known as the “Wild West” Badlands. They are a type of dry terrain where softer sedimentary rocks and clay-rich soils have been eroded by wind and water leaving behind beautiful statues and scenery. We love to visit the Badlands and this is how the name came to be.
The perfect burger for the pickle lover!
- 1 lb ground chuck burger
- 1 link Italian sausage in casing we love Spolumbos
- ½ small onion grated + juice
- ½ cup dill pickles minced
- Salt & pepper
- 4 slices Aged Applewood Cheddar Cheese (slice thin)
- Tomato sliced thin
- Butter Lettuce
- Bacon slices cooked
- Dill Pickle Aioli
- Remove sausage from casing and place in a bowl. Add ground chuck, grated onion with juice, pickles and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Form into 4 patties. Over medium high heat, grill burger until done, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place cheese slices on burgers just before burgers are ready to come off the grill and cover grill for a couple minutes or until cheese is melted.
- If you like your bun grilled, put it on grill and toast it while cheese is melting.
- Assemble burger with tomato, lettuce, bacon slices, and dill pickle Aioli.