Earlier this week I attended the BC Blueberries Social Media Launch at Model Milk here in Calgary. We were able to enjoy tasty bevy’s and bites all made with sweet, juicy BC Blueberries. It was very inspiring and while I have many Blueberry ideas rolling around my head, discussions that evening of mojito’s have had me dreaming of them ever since I first discovered the minty/rum goodness in Cuba 10 years ago.
Fortunately I had all ingredients already available in my pantry, so I pulled out my martini shaker and tossed in a little rum, fresh mint, blueberry simple syrup which I quickly made up, fresh blueberries, some lime juice and ice.
The result is outstanding. Play with the quantity of club soda until you have added the amount you like. Husband liked less, I enjoyed a little more. Click on the link for the Blueberry Simple Syrup Recipe.
- 1/3 cup blueberries small handful
- 1 ounce rum
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp blueberry simple syrup
- club soda
- In a martini shaker add whole mint, 8-10 blueberries, blueberry simple syrup, lime juice, rum and ice. Shake well until mint is has released it's flavour, and blueberries are softened.
- Pour into a tall glass and add a little club soda. Keep pouring in as much club soda as you enjoy (taste test as you go). About 1/2 cup is good. Top with a few fresh blueberries and lime wedge.