Sweet with a hint of heat together make these Chicken Burgers with Mango Mayo a tasty alternative to your traditional burger!
Ground chicken is a bit of a blank canvas when it comes to cooking with it, so it needs a little flavour boost to help it’s on its way. We’ve added a few unique ingredient to these burgers to create loads of flavour finishing with a fresh mango and lime mayonnaise.
Chicken vs Beef
Beef burgers are the old stand-by many of us have grown up with and there are several who will not stray from a beef burger. They are usually juicy, offering immediate satisfaction when a burger craving hits!
Ground chicken or even a chicken breast sliced in half lengthwise and grilled offer a new and healthy way to enjoy a burger. If you are up for an adventure, give these burgers a try!
Burger toppings can be whatever you like. Since we’ve already boosted the flavour in these burgers, we went with simple toppings like butter lettuce and thinly sliced red onions. Additional toppings pairing nicely with these burgers could include tomatoes, hot spicy peppers to offset the sweet, your favourite cheese, even bacon!
- Replace the chicken with ground turkey.
- Replace cranberries with raisins.
- Replace ketchup with tomato sauce or even a chili sauce.
- Do not overmix your ground meat or it can become tough.
- Form four equal balls and smash down on your platter.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the patties before cooking.
- Ground chicken or turkey is sticky. Have a bowl or sink ready with hot water and soap for when you are done forming your patties.
- When chopping your mango, larger chunks offer more mango flavour. Smaller dice will give you less mango flavour.
Chicken is one of my favourite proteins to cook with. If you want to get adventurous and try some new ways to eat chicken, check out these recipes below!
Have you ever cooked with ground chicken?
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup panko dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped cranberries
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Shape into four balls and then flatten into patties on your platter. Salt and pepper each side and grill over medium heat until completely cooked through.
- Serve in buns with mango mayo and your favourite toppings.
2-3 tsp fresh lime juice, 1/4 tsp grated lime peel. Refrigerate until ready to serve.