Salty, funky feta cheese is combined with cream, cream cheese and Greek yogurt to make a simple yet flavourful Creamy Whipped Feta. Serve with crudites, fresh vegetables, roasted tomatoes and grilled Artisanal bread or crackers.
Creamy Whipped Feta
The first time I heard about whipped feta was at a media launch for Christmas in November. There were bits and bites plus cocktails for us to sample and help create hype for the event.
One of the Chefs participating in the annual festival was at the launch offering up pea crostini with whipped feta. It was an amazing bite but even more amazing was that creamy feta.
Since the event I have been tooling around making my own version of whipped feta using different kinds of feta. Macedonian feta is super smooth and a cheese I first discovered at our local Italian Store. It’s ultra creamy and delicious when whipped up into a feta dip.
We don’t use the Macedonian version in this recipe, however it’s definitely an option to use in place of all the additional ingredients we have in this recipe.
In the community
Since whipped feta came on the scene it has been popping up at restaurants every where.
We’ve had different versions and variations and enjoy it most with roasted tomatoes, fresh herbs and toasted sourdough bread similar to a dish at 10 Foot Henry here in Calgary. I order it every time I go!
Other uses for this dip
- Spread the feta dip on a plate and top with roasted vegetables. Also consider roasted tomatoes or roasted lemon potatoes.
- Spread the feta dip on a plate and top with a Greek salad and serve with pita chips.
- Drizzle on toppers like chopped toasted nuts, olive oil, pesto, fresh salsa, guacamole, fresh herbs, even a pea hummus before serving.
- Delicious with any kind of bread including toasted bagels, pita bread, naan, crackers and my favourite sourdough bread.
- Try mixing in some roast garlic and slathering it on a burger.
- Any chutney or perserve is delicious served along side.
- Spread on a platter and top with meatballs!
- I don’t feel this dip needs any additional seasoning as it’s salty enough from the feta.
We love our appetizers and are always creating new ones. Here’s a few we love:
- How to make Labneh
- Curried up Spinach Dip
- Candied Bacon and Brown Sugar Baked Brie
- Mini Cheese Balls
- Stuffed Mushroom Stuffed Potato
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 2-3 tbsp cream
- 2-3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients into a food processor, blender, or Immersion Blender container. Break up feta cheese into crumbles to help puree easier.
- Process until creamy, scraping sides with a spatula as needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top.