Dish up this family favourite summer dessert at your next outdoor gathering. Grilled Angel Food Cake is light, fluffy and served with whipping cream and fresh berries for the ultimate treat!
Grilled Angel Food Cake
These days you can buy pretty much anything at the grocery store if you look hard enough. Gone are the days where you need to make an angel food cake from scratch or buy a boxed mix since you can now buy the whole darn cake made and ready to be eaten!
Of course no judging here on which you decide to do since they all work fabulously in this recipe. You could even switch it up and use pound cake.
Flavour in the brown
Grilling Angel Food Cake allows the sugar in the cake to caramelize giving this dessert a delicious flavour boost and caramelized flavour. We love to entertain with this dessert as it’s as how stopper. No on really believes you can grill angel food cake until they’ve tried it.
Dessert doesn’t have to be complicated! For this recipe you need:
- cooked angel food cake
- whipped cream
- your choice of toppings
It’s fun to set up a grilled angel food cake bar. We like to put out several toppings….tonight it was chocolate sauce, blueberry sauce, strawberry sauce, vanilla ice cream, fresh cut up strawberries and peaches and fresh whipping cream. Sprinkles, chopped nuts, dulce de leche, it all works! Then everyone helps themselves to whatever toppings they wish.
Looking for some new fun grilled recipes to try? Check these out!
- Grilled Skewered Olives
- Campfire Baked Brie
- Grilled Peach, Strawberry and Watermelon Salsa
- Grilled Mushroom and Green Onion Kabobs
- Cast-Iron Mac n Cheese
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram, hashtag #bakersbeans and please leave a comment below!
- 1 prepared Angel Food Cake
- Whipped cream
- It helps if the Angel Food Cake is a day or two old. I've found cutting it when it's fresh out of the oven or home from the store is challenging as it's too soft.
- Cut your cake into several one inch pieces. Place on grill over medium high heat and stay there watching and flipping cake pieces until lightly browned.
- Serve with your favourite topping.