Fire up the barbecue, grill your favourite protein and add these Lemon Roasted Potatoes with Parsley Pistou to complete the meal.
A good roasted potato is an easy dish to make and goal to achieve. Roasted potatoes compliment any meal whether it’s a holiday dinner with roasted turkey or simple grilled chicken.
Sometimes when the boys are away we like to have them as our main meal topping them with a fried or poached egg or even fresh made Pico De Gallo,
For this recipe we roasted our potatoes with lemon and topped them with a fresh made parsley pistou. They became one of the sides to our roasted ham dinner.
A Pistou is a French sauce served cold made from garlic, basil, olive oil and of course parsley. It’s similar to a pesto without the nuts.
Try it on any roasted vegetables, grilled meat or fish, even egg dishes.
- 5 cups baby potatoes
- 4 + 2 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Sea Salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup parsley pistou
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add garlic, potatoes, thyme, 2 tbsp of olive oil, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut lemon in half, squeeze over potatoes and add pieces to bowl.
- Toss and pour mixture onto parchment lined baking pan or sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour until brown turning half way through cooking to ensure even browning.
- To make the Parsley Pistou: Mix one cup of chopped flat leaf parsley, 2 minced garlic cloves, 3 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- When potatoes are cooked remove from pan to a serving dish with garlic and lemon. Top with parsley pistou and serve.