Mushroom, Ham & Carrot Linguine is an interesting dish to say the least…one that started out as mushroom & ham pasta. One day I added carrots and found the sweet crispness added another flavour profile and from that point on carrots were a must.
This one has been kicking around our house for awhile and is a good go to recipe when you need a quick, easy meal.
- 1 lb Linguine
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 - 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 lb cooked ham chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley dried or fresh, if fresh minced
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup heavy cream 18%
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a pot start your water boiling for your pasta. When boiling salt and drop your pasta in. Cook 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain (reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid), butter and set aside.
- In a skillet/pan over medium heat add more butter. When the pan is heated and butter sizzlin saute your carrots for 2 minutes. Next add in your mushrooms and saute them for a couple of minutes...adding a little more butter as needed. Finally add in ham and parsley. Saute until mushrooms and ham have started to brown (approx. 5 minutes).
- Stir in cream, half of the parmesan cheese, and salt/pepper mixing until combined. Bring to a boil and turn down heat to low simmer for a couple minutes. Put pasta into serving dish, pour mushroom mixture over top, add 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid, toss lightly and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. Serve hot with garlic or cheese bread.